Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Nephew Update

In a earlier post, I had mentioned that my nephew, Hunter, will have to go through a few surgeries before he is one years old; the first surgery is out of the way. The first surgery was to put his top lip together. The surgery went so good, he was able to come home the same day. It was really hard to in pain, but he had meds, which was good. At first when I saw him, I was a little sad, because he didn't look like the little boy I have grown to love the last three months. I know that he is still the same little boy and that he really needed this surgery, so now I am just fine and he looks even more beautiful to me.

Today, he goes in for his follow-up appointment, so later today, I get to see him all healed and back to normal. The doctor says he will have another surgery in 7 to 8 months. I'm so proud of my sister for holding her head high and staying together through this whole thing. She is such a strong woman, and I'm very glad she has my mom to help her through the hard times.

0 comments: